Want to teach your kids about why Social Distancing is so important?
Click the link below to see how using domino's at home can help!
OUR RESPONSE TO COVID19 and YOUR OPTIONS FOR CONTINUED SERVICE
As a health and education service, we are well aware that it is important that we continue to provide all our clients and students with services without too much disruption. To be able to do this, we all need to work together to ensure that we are not contributing to the spread of COVID19. We hope the information below supports you and your family’s needs at this time and appreciate your understanding as we manage this with a whole community response.
Important information for you to be aware of:
• We are taking reasonable steps towards social distancing to reduce the likelihood that our service and those we work with are unnecessarily impacted by the virus.
• We are under taking additional measures in regard to hygiene and cleanliness within the office, particularly with the use of shared resources and furnishings between clients. Our children's therapy space will not be in use for the time being.
• All staff have returned to Lighthouse Health and Education however, they may work from home if they choose and we continue to negotiate this for their own health and wellbeing. Our psychologists and teacher will not attend if they are feeling unwell. We will give you as much notice as possible if a change to your appointment is required due to ill health and will make every effort to make alternative arrangements to maintain the continuation of services in non-contact format.
• Please do not attend your appointments if you are feeling unwell, or if anyone in your household is unwell. Please try to give us as much notice as possible if you are unable to attend, as there are alternative arrangements that can be made to maintain the continuation of services in non-contact format.
Changes to our on site services:
• Please do not arrive early for your appointments, as the front doors will continue to be locked. We will come to the door at your appointment time to let ONLY the client receiving the service into our reception.
• Those entering the centre will be required to adhere to requests for sanitising their hands upon entry. We will not provide services to those who are non-compliant. It is recommended clients seek telehealth services if they cannot comply with stringent health and safety requests
• Think about what you are going to do during your child’s appointment - bring a book for the car, go for a walk in the fresh air at Moonee Beach Reserve. Remaining within the retail centre is not advised at this time.
Alternative Options to face-to-face services:
• NDIS participants: You are all able to have telephone or video appointments in place of face-to-face appointments. This is our preference.
• Medicare clients: There have been additional Medicare items made available supporting telephone or video link appointments for ALL Australian's with mental health care plans and chronic disease management plans beginning Monday, 30th March.
• I CAN READ students: We are willing to trial video linked appointments in place of face-to-face appointments. This is not yet in place as we continue to negotiate how this will work with I CAN READ Head Office in Sydney.
• Our telehealth/tele-therapy medium will be HealthDirect. Healthdirect meets standards of confidentiality and will require your name, phone number and agreement to tele-therapy terms and conditions each session prior to entering the online waiting room. Tele-therapy is free for clients to use with practitioners (not including internet costs). Please note: You will require an ipad, PC or smartphone with internet connection, camera and voice recording capabilities.
• NDIS and Medicare clients also have the option of telephone appointments which do not require a video link or internet support.
• Provisional psychology clients – as your sessions are not funded by Medicare, you are also able to take advantage of telephone or HealthDirect sessions, if this is better suited to your situation, with no change to your fees. These will be limited and negotiated with clients personally by phone where possible.
• If you are considering telephone/video sessions, please consider if this is an appropriate medium for your child and/or discuss it with your psychologist. Some children may find it difficult to engage in sessions of this medium, others will find it very effective. Often it is the client that we think it may be least effective for that significant gains are in fact made.
• If you are an NDIS participant or seeing a provisional psychologist, you can use these sessions as parent sessions without any change to your fees.
• If you are using Medicare for your child, the child does have to be present for part of these sessions.
Please watch the video link on this page and on the tele-health tab above. Please, do not hesitate to contact our office on 02 6656 4765 if you have any questions about any of the above.