Tele-therapy - the alternative options to face-to-face services:
• NDIS participants: You are all able to have telephone or video appointments in place of face-to-face appointments. This is our preference.
• Medicare clients: There have been additional Medicare items made available supporting telephone or video link appointments for ALL Australian's with mental health care plans and chronic disease management plans beginning Monday, 30th March. Please let us know if you are wanting to take advantage of these appointments so we can assist you to ascertain your eligibility.
• I CAN READ students: We are willing to trial video linked appointments in place of face-to-face appointments. This is not yet in place as we continue to negotiate how this will work with I CAN READ Head Office in Sydney.
• Our telehealth/tele-therapy medium will be HealthDirect. Healthdirect meets standards of confidentiality and will require your name, phone number and agreement to tele-therapy terms and conditions each session prior to entering the online waiting room. Tele-therapy is free for clients to use with practitioners (not including internet costs). Please note: You will require an ipad, PC or smartphone with internet connection, camera and voice recording capabilities.
• NDIS and Medicare clients also have the option of telephone appointments which do not require a video link or internet support.
• Provisional psychology clients – as your sessions are not funded by Medicare, you are also able to take advantage of telephone or HealthDirect sessions, if this is better suited to your situation, with no change to your fees. These will be limited and negotiated with clients personally by phone where possible.
• If you are considering telephone/video sessions, please consider if this is an appropriate medium for your child and/or discuss it with your psychologist. Some children may find it difficult to engage in sessions of this medium, others will find it very effective. Often it is the client that we think it may be least effective for that significant gains are in fact made.
• If you are an NDIS participant or seeing a provisional psychologist, you can use these sessions as parent sessions without any change to your fees.
• If you are using Medicare for your child, the child does have to be present for part of these sessions.
Please watch the video link on this page for more information. Please, do not hesitate to contact our office on 02 6656 4765 if you have any questions about any of the above.